Next General Membership Meeting
Join us at the next General Membership meeting on Thurs., Dec. 18, 2014 3:00 p.m. at the Center for Tomorrow, North Campus
- Heart of the Campus presented by Kelly M Hayes Mcalonie – Interim Associate Vice Provost for Capital Planning Group
- Kickoff of PSS Mentoring Program – Joseph Mantione - Assistant Vice Provost for Institutional Research and PSS Mentoring Committee chair
What do you think would be a good UB themed topic for a presentation at a PSS meeting? Tell us here.
What PSS Committees Are Working On
PSS in the News
2014 Award Winners
Congratulations to the 2014 SUNY Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Professional Service winners!
- Bárbara I. Avila-Shah
- Scott A. Hollander
- Joseph O. Kerr
- Cynthia M. Shore
- Kurt F. Winter
This award recognizes individuals who have repeatedly sought improvement of themselves, their campuses, and ultimately the State University of New York and, in so doing, have transcended the normal definitions of excellence. Read about the awardees in the UB Reporter.
UB Reporter talks about PSS
Read the reports from the SUNY 2014 Fall Plenary:
Announcements and Events
President Tripathi approves New Undergraduate Education Program
The design of this new General Education Program, which represents a vital component of our undergraduate students’ academic experience at UB, reflects the collaborative efforts and insights of more than 140 faculty, staff, and students working together across the university community over several years. You can see the New General Education Program here.
Awarding Excellence and Outstanding Service
The Awards Committee of the Professional Staff Senate is pleased to announce this year’s call for nominations for three awards:
- The Chancellor’s Award for Excellence in Professional Service provides SUNY-wide recognition for superlative performance and outstanding achievement by professional service staff.
- The Outstanding Service Award recognizes services to the university and the community of noteworthy scope and depth.
- The Outstanding Service to the Professional Staff Senate Award recognizes outstanding service by an individual or group to the Professional Staff Senate.
All recipients will be recognized at the PSS Awards Luncheon in the spring of 2015.
PSS Surveys Staff
The Professional Staff Senate conducted a survey to its over 2900 staff members during the month of October. Here is a glimpse of the preliminary results (PDF). We will share more detailed information after the data is further analyzed.
PSS Professional Development Conference: Strengthening your Professional Core
- Are You Capitalizing on Your Strengths? (PPSX)
- Video recap:
Connect with PSS
The Professional Staff Senate serves the interests of all professional staff not holding academic rank who work at UB, including exempt staff of the Research Foundation, the Faculty Student Association, and UB Foundation.
Last updated: 21 December 2014