PSS Connect Discussion List
The professionalstaffconnect-list, also known as the PSS Discussion List, or CONNECT is an unmoderated list, different from those administered by the Professional Staff Senate office. To send a message, simply use the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONNECT allows professional staff to communicate with each other directly, which helps improve your quality of work life by offering a forum in which to find practical information. For example, you can:
- find resources, information, and advice from others in similar positions
- share information about job duties and concerns
- identify common areas of interest
- learn about opportunities for growth and development
- discuss common problems in the workplace
Examples of questions posted to the list in the past include:
- “I am searching for input and advice from PSS members (managers) who have excellent secretarial support...”
- “I have just been asked to take over scheduling for our classrooms, and need tips on how to accomplish this most efficiently...”
- “I need to find information on training for our new software...”
- “I am looking for someone ... who could provide advice and help with setting up a supply inventory system.”
- “I’m working as a lab assistant, and am interested in moving to a different assistant position, but I don't know what is available...”
CONNECT is also used to alert Professional Staff to upcoming events and activities. As part of email ettiquette, people who reply to the CONNECT list should remember to reply ONLY to the sender of the email and NOT to the entire list.
Professional Staff who are recent arrivals at UB are automatically added to CONNECT. Any Professional Staff member may subscribe at any time by sending a message to email@example.com with no subject and “subscribe professionalstaffconnect-list firstname lastname” in the body.
Instructions for removing yourself are automatically appended to every message: send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with no subject, and a single line, “signoff professionalstaffconnect-list” in the body of the message.
Feel free to contact Pam Rose, listowner, if you have any questions or concerns at 829-3900 x129, or email@example.com.
CONNECT is yours—use it and enjoy!
Last updated: 21 November 2014