PSS Senators Resource Page
Thank you for your commitment to serve a two year term as a UB Professional Staff Senator. Your participation is an opportunity to network with professional staff from all three of UB’s campuses and to promote professional employees’ interests to UB administration.
Senator Responsibilities and Guidelines
- Read and become familiar with the PSS Constitution and Bylaws and Code of Ethics.
- Attend monthly and special PSS meetings.
- Read and become familiar with PSS General Membership and Executive Committee monthly meeting minutes.
- Represent your area by communicating PSS activities to your constituents and by bringing constituent concerns to the Executive Committee’s attention.
- Work with other senators from your area to arrange meetings/gatherings—at least once per semester—to discuss issues and matters of interest to constituents.
- Present a fair and impartial view on all matters brought to your attention.
- Welcome each new professional staff member in your area by email, phone or in person.
- Elect Executive Comnmittee members for two year terms.
- Senators 2014 Orientation (PDF)
- What is the Professional Staff Senate?
- PSS staff are drawn from UB employees who are exempt staff of the State, UB Foundation and Research Foundation as well as Staff of the Faculty Student Association.
- Here are your PSS Officers and Senators.
- PSS is split into Areas. Here are the departments (PDF) that make up the different areas.
- Letter to new Senators (PDF)
- Letter to supervisors (PDF) of new Senators.
- Get involved in a PSS committee. It helps you connect more to the PSS and UB! We even offer a committee toolbox which has helpful documents to assist with your committee work.
- Areas and Associated Departments (PDF)
Communicating with Your Area
As a PSS Senator, you serve as a liaison to the PSS members in your area. Here are some ways to easily communicate PSS events and news to your area.
- Send a listserv message to your Area. Simply email your message to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll send it out on your behalf.
- Like PSS on Facebook and encourage your Area members to do the same.
- Connect with people by communicating thru the PSS Connect Listserv.
- Share your ideas on the PSS website.
Let us know what else you’d like to see on this page
Last updated: 23 October 2014